DAC Limited was established in 2003, setting out on a mission to reliably connect people across the world with ruggedised communications equipment.
DAC’s products can be found in a wide array of harsh environments and industrial applications. Our diverse portfolio of telephones, accessories and engineering services set us aside.
Designed & manufactured in the UK, DAC provide reliable communications terminals typically designed for industry, areas that suffer from vandalism and railways.
DAC and our network of distribution partners always provide a quick response to enquiries and we are proud of our 100% on time delivery record.
DAC Mission Statement
To reliably connect people throughout the world in the most arduous and critical environments, with ruggedised communication equipment, designed and sustainably manufactured in the UK.
Here at DAC we are continually investing in research & development, adopting new technologies and delivering creative solutions to improve the quality and performance of our products.
We pride ourselves in delivering outstanding levels of customer service and welcome the opportunity to discuss your enquiry.
Inclusivity and Sustainability
Inclusivity and sustainability are at the heart of our business. We take pride in;
- Powering our production facility using solar energy
- Employing staff from multiple ethnic backgrounds
- Supporting our local community with education and sponsorship
- Recycling waste materials
- Our vision for work life balance
Call us for more information – +44 (0) 1282 447000
- DAC Limited established in 2003.
- 2006 Acquisition of Racal Acoustics commercial telephones.
- 2009 NR Product Approval for RA708 and RA711 products & LINK-UP approved
- 2010 Network Rail independent report highlights DAC RA708 as best performing product
- 2010 Commenced development of GSM/GSM-R Standalone UWC Telephone
- 2010 Trial status obtained from Network Rail for GSM-R standalone telephone
- During the time up until 2011, market development of legacy items and fundamentally redesigning, simplifying and improving products
- 2011 moved to larger premises to support growth
- 2015 DAC secures contract to replace on-board Passenger Information Handsets from Alstom for West Coast Main Line
- 2017 acquired Union Mill business centre in Sabden, moving into larger premises to support upscle plans
- 2019 acquired Lynx Avionics, Headsets for Aviation
- 2021 DAC secures contract from LUL Metropolitan Line to replace all on-board train handsets